As part of a review of future transport needs in Fingal/North Dublin, the Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport announced a short-list of six project options to serve one of the fastest-growing regions in the country, encompassing Swords and Dublin Airport.
The six proposed options are:
Two heavy rail options:
- A DART link from Clongriffin to the airport and Swords (Option HR2);
- A DART link from the Maynooth Railway Line to the airport and Swords via a tunnel under Glasnevin (Option HR8);
Two Luas/metro options:
- A Luas line from Cabra to the airport and Swords via a tunnel under Glasnevin (Option LR3);
- A metro proposal from St. Stephen’s Green to the Airport and Swords (Option LR7)
One Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Option:
- A combination of a number of proposed Bus Rapid Transit services (Option BRT 5); and
One Combination Option:
- A combination of a DART link from Clongriffin to the airport and a Luas line from Cabra to Swords (Option C1).
Full details of the 25 options and the six shortlisted options are published today on http://www.nationaltransport.ie, and members of the public are invited to review the material and submit their views and opinions before the consultation closes at 5:00pm on Monday, January 19th 2015.