Irish Water is asking members of the public for their views on how Ireland’s public water services should evolve over the next 25 years. Irish Water is inviting submissions on its Water Services Strategic Plan (WSSP) Issues paper and also on a draft Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) scoping report.
The non-statutory public consultation will run until Monday September 1st 2014. The submissions received during this period will be considered in the preparation of the draft WSSP.
Every person in Ireland has a stake in the future of Ireland’s water services. The opportunity to have a say in how the service will develop and serve the people of Ireland in the short, medium and long-term, is of significant importance.
The public consultation process will allow people to air their ideas and thoughts on:
- How Irish Water can meet customer expectations
- How Irish Water should ensure a safe and reliable water supply
- How Irish Water should provide for the effective management of wastewater
- Protection of the environment
- How Irish Water can support social and economic growth
- Investing in our future
Submissions can be made to Irish Water in the following ways:
- By email at WSSP@water.ie
- By post: Water Services Strategic Plan, P.O. Box 860, South City Delivery Office, Cork City
- Telephone: LoCall 1890 278 278